Sadabahar (Sadafuli): An Easy Flowering Plant to Grow at Home

๐ŸŒฑ Sadabahar Plant at a Glance

Sadabahar plant growing in a pot at home  
FeatureMy Experience
๐ŸŒฑ DifficultyBeginner-friendly
๐Ÿ’ง WateringWater when soil begins to dry
๐Ÿก Where I grow mineBalcony
๐ŸŒฟ MaintenanceLow
☀️ LightBright light
๐Ÿ‘ฉ‍๐ŸŒพ Best forBeginner plant parents

Sadabahar, also known as Sadafuli or Periwinkle, is scientifically known as Catharanthus roseus. It is a popular flowering plant for balconies and home gardens.at home.

Why I Love Growing Sadabahar

The name Sadafuli comes from “sada,” meaning always, and “fuli,” referring to flowers. The name feels apt  because, once the plant matures, it can reward you with flowers for a long period.
Once Sadafuli plant matures there would rarely be a day in your garden without flowers.

"In my experience, the flowers are not commonly used for เคชूเคœा, which may be one reason Sadabahar is often seen growing freely along roadsides. The flowers are not particularly fragrant, but their beautiful colours add so much charm to a garden.

Is Sadabahar Easy to Grow at Home?

It is very easy to find in nursery and very pocket friendly too.
It works well in containers.It is suitable for beginners as bright sunlight and water is what needed for its growth.No expensive fertilizers or special care needed.


What Colours Does Sadabahar Come In?


One of the things I love about Sadabahar is the variety of colours. Depending on the variety, you can find flowers in shades of pink, white, violet and red.
I had bought one pink and one red coloured plant from local nursery.And since then I always had this one as part of my balcony garden.

How Does Sadabahar Propagate?

I have never deliberately propagated Sadabahar myself. However, I have often noticed small plants appearing in neighbouring pots, probably from seeds that have fallen naturally. In that sense, Sadabahar seems quite capable of spreading itself around the garden.

If you already have a healthy Sadabahar plant, you can also explore propagation through seeds or stem cuttings. In my balcony garden, I have mostly allowed the plant to spread naturally.


How to Care for Sadabahar


☀️ Light:
Sadabahar grows best in a bright location with several hours of sunlight.
๐Ÿ’ง Water:
Water when the top layer of soil begins to dry. Avoid keeping the soil constantly soggy.
๐ŸŒฑ Soil:
Use a well-draining potting mix and a pot with drainage holes.
๐ŸŒฟ Maintenance:
It is relatively low-maintenance once established. Remove dried flowers and leaves to keep the plant looking neat.
๐Ÿก Container:
It grows well in pots and is suitable for balconies, terraces and small gardens.


They say Life changes every second.You can experience it watching Sadafuli bud blooming into beautiful flower.It was wondering to witness this transformation 

A Small Sadabahar Memory From My Balcony

As I was looking for memories I have with this beauty ,unfortunately there was not something strikingly different I could think of.
Believe it or not ,next day early morning as I opened my windows I saw this one resting on grill exactly the way it is in picture.

This one was from my neighbour's garden.as if it flew down from fourth floor to first floor resting delicately on bar and then waiting patiently for me to see it just so as to create memory for his fellow plant which was in my balcony.
wondering if plants have some communication language.Beauty in my garden must have spoken to one there on other garden and decided to give me surprise.

Is Sadabahar a Good Plant for Beginners?

Yes, I would definitely recommend Sadabahar to a beginner gardener. It is affordable, easy to find, grows well in containers and, once established, can reward you with flowers for a long period. For someone starting a balcony garden, it is one of the flowering plants I would happily recommend.


More Easy Plants to Grow at Home


If you're looking for more easy plants to grow at home, you may also enjoy my experiences with:
๐ŸŒฟ Snake Plant – a hardy, low-maintenance plant for beginners
๐ŸŒฟ Spider Plant – an easy plant that produces beautiful baby plants
๐ŸŒฟ Money Plant – one of my favourite easy-growing balcony plants
๐ŸŒฟ Aparajita (Gokarna) – a flowering climber with beautiful blue flowers
๐ŸŒฟ ZZ Plant – a low-maintenance plant that surprised me with its growth

Comments